Criteria Necessary to Meet This INACSL Debriefing Standard
- The debrief is facilitated by a person(s) competent in the process of debriefing.
- The debrief is conducted in an environment that is conducive to learning and supports confidentiality, trust, open communication, self-analysis, feedback, and reflection.
- The debrief is facilitated by a person(s) who can devote enough concentrated attention during the simulation to effectively debrief the simulation-based experience.
- The debrief is based on a theoretical framework for debriefing that is structured in a purposeful way.
- The debrief is congruent with the objectives and outcomes of the simulation-based experience.